We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Senior Minor Works Project Manager in Southern England / Docklands to join our passionate and driven Technical Services team on a permanent basis!
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Would you like to work for one of the largest facilities management companies in the world?
Atalian Servest employs over 125,000 people worldwide, across 33 different countries and 4 continents!
Our company is all about innovation and change - this comes with exciting new job opportunities and that's where you come in!
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Assistant Quantity Surveyor in Bury St Edmunds to join our passionate and driven Finance team!
The successful candidate will provide advice and report on and control all commercial and financial aspects of contracts/ work packages they are given to manage.
This will include offering support to the Operations mangers to allow projects to be safely delivered on time, to budget and to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction. The Assistant Quantity Surveyor will also assist the Commercial Contracts Lead in providing commercial expertise for projects to maximise returns by working within robust procedures to support the Ops Directors.
Duties will include
- Manage resources
- Produce and send enquiries to subcontractors inviting them to tender and engagement with supply chain
- Receive, analyse and produce quotations, liaising with the Commercial contracts Lead and Ops managers regarding price, proven history, availability etc.
- Notify in writing both successful and unsuccessful subcontractors in a timely manner
- Produce and process formal subcontract documents and certify interim and final payments and final subcontract account
- Produce applications for payments in accordance with the contract terms.
- Produce a bill of quantity/activity schedule for payment purposes
- Produce cash flow forecasts for internal and client purposes
- Monitor and control income and expenditure on contracts e.g. interim/final applications for payment/final accounts/payments for late monies etc. liaising where necessary with the relevant people e.g. clients commercial parties etc.
- Produce relevant monthly reports for the Commercial Manager e.g. cost and value
- comparisons, turnover forecasts etc. ensuring information is complete and accurate
- Manage information
- Contribute to and attend financial and progress meetings with the client, contractors and subcontractors as required
- Provide advice and support to the site team in order to optimize the use of contract resources
- Provide support for the commercial contract Lead in terms of data input etc.
- Give feedback to Sales and Ops Managers with regard to contract pricing, projected profit/loss, pricing omissions etc.
- Maximise cash flow through the management of debtors list, whilst ensuring the information is up to date
- Promote integration with other departments in such a way as to encourage a team ethic and feeling of unity within the company.
- Seek to continually improve your own knowledge through training and self-development.
- Represent the business core values at all times
The successful candidate
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Commercial awareness, understanding of the construction process and use of NEC contracts
- Excellent communication skills, both oral & written
- Negotiation skills and ability to apply those skills internally, externally & with our supply chain.
- Positive attitude at all times and the ability to integrate and play an active part in the
- Construction Team
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Keen to pursue personal development needs and maintain up-to-date knowledge
- Degree-qualified or equivalent, but with appropriate experience and knowledge
- Wide experience of the construction industry with a reasonable degree of the security industry
- CSCS card
A little bit about us...
We have over 32,000 clients who trust us to provide them with high-quality cleaning, catering, security, landscaping, logistics, waste management, pest control, building, energy, compliance and front of house services.
Our headquarters are based in Bury St Edmunds (UK & Ireland) and Paris (Europe, USA, South-East Asia and Africa).
• Sustainable Development
Why should you join us?
People are at the heart of our business. We pride ourselves on supporting our employees to reach their full potential, therefore as an Atalian Servest employee, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills, gain industry-recognised qualifications and benefit from our career progression opportunities.
Applying for EU Settlement scheme? Dont settle for anything less than working for Atalian Servest!
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunity employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you! Click apply and we will be in touch soon...
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Area Manager in South East London to join our passionate and driven Corporate Public Sector team on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is recruiting for a Help Desk Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring that all operational planning requirements have been considered and operational teams have been informed of any proposed changes to the schedule.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Technical Contracts Manager covering various London Boroughs and surrounding areas to join our passionate and driven Technical Services team on a permanent basis!
Search for a career
Complete the form or view all vacancies.