We are currently recruiting for a dynamic IT Contract Manager in Bury St Edmunds to join our passionate and driven Procurement team on a permanent basis!
Data Protection Officer
Atalian Servest is recruiting for a Data Protection Officer to join our in-house Legal team which (as a whole) is tasked with providing legal support and advice to the wider Atalian Servest business in the UK and Ireland.
The Data Protection Officer will take a leading role in designing and delivering data protection and data security support and advice given to Atalian Servest, working to support the Legal Director in achieving effective oversight and management of this topic. This role will work to ensure best practice and adherence to data protection and data security policies and procedures across Atalian Servest.
Duties will include
- Reviewing, advising on and implementing measures to manage data used in compliance with the GDPR and national legislation throughout the business.
- Working with key internal stakeholders in the review of operations and projects and related data processing to ensure compliance with data protection laws, and where necessary, advising on and monitoring data protection privacy impact assessments.
- Serving as the primary point of contact and liaison for the ICO on all data protection related matters under the GDPR and relevant national legislation.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for data protection queries in the business.
- Reviewing the data privacy and data security clauses in customer and supplier contracts and other third party data processing and data sharing arrangements.
- Ensuring filing and fee requirements with the ICO are achieved.
- Monitoring changes to privacy laws and making recommendations to the Legal Director when appropriate.
- Setting standards that meet the requirements under the GDPR and any national requirements in countries of operation (England, Wales, Scotland, NI and ROI).
- Developing and delivering data protection training to various business functions and working to raise employee awareness of data protection and data security issues.
- Developing strategies and initiatives to ensure engagement with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating, conducting and monitoring data protection audits.
- Maintaining a personal data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents impacting personal data including impact assessments, breach response, complaints, claims or notifications.
- Responding to and advising on data subject rights requests, including data subject access requests (DSARs) and other requests from individuals.
The successful candidate
- Some experience in dealing with data protection compliance is required.
Hours and Environment
This position will be based at Vicon House, however, the role will involve some travel to Atalian Servest office locations in the UK (and potentially to customer sites) to deliver training and conduct internal audits.
Core working hours for this position are from 9 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
A bit about us:
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you! Click apply and we will be in touch soon...
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation thats proud of its' great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. To find out more please visit our website.
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunity employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Statutory Inspection Co-Ordinator to join our passionate and driven team in Glasgow on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Contract Support PPM to join our passionate and driven team in Glasgow on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager preferably from Leeds to join our passionate and driven team on a permanent basis!
Search for a career
Complete the form or view all vacancies.