We are currently recruiting for a dynamic IT Contract Manager in Bury St Edmunds to join our passionate and driven Procurement team on a permanent basis!
Group Procurement Specialist
We at Atalian are experts in facilities management and we're looking for an exceptional Procurement Specialist (Senior Buyer) to join our amazing and talented Group Procurement Team.
As a substantial sized Group, our global spend is in the hundreds of millions and we are keen to find the right person to join us in gaining value for the business. You will be responsible for sourcing exercises covering 32 countries, achieving value for the global organisation, its customers and the supply chain. We need someone who thrives in performing global and multi-country negotiations, achieving continued and consistent commercial value and rationalised supply base.
The department has a team of analysts providing the negotiators with analytical support in terms of spend analysis and external market intelligence, providing you with what you need to negotiate with a strong foundation of data and insights.
Our ideal candidate will be confident as an accomplished negotiator, strong influencer, focused and highly motivated, and skilled at stakeholder management. Utilising cross-functional teams of key stakeholders and internal experts you will ensure operational and customer needs are satisfied in the tender result. Communication is key within this role, to build strong and productive working relationships, ensuring that Atalian is the customer of choice in terms of innovation and supply from the supply base.
Duties will include
- Carry out full global strategic sourcing activities to gain commercial advantage.
- Assemble cross-functional teams and consult with internal stakeholders to agree on sourcing options for any specific category of purchase
- Identify and explore opportunities for globalisation in the purchasing of goods and services
- Evaluate market factors that influence the supply market that assists in the development of appropriate sourcing plans that improves commercial leverage
- Create and develop a Category Management plan making use of market data to inform decision making, whilst mitigating any potential impact of the lack of internal buy-in
- Work with our Legal team to manage contractual risks, monitor and evaluate developments in legal aspects that affect sourcing decisions, provide advice on the interpretation of contract terms and draft bespoke terms to apply outside of established frameworks and contract forms
- Complete regular reports based upon the progress of activities
The successful candidate
- Accomplished and effective cost negotiation skills with an appetite for achieving consistent commercial value for the organisation
- Be target driven
- Demonstrable communication and mediation skills with both suppliers and stakeholders
- Show numerical proficiency
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams across multiple countries
- Customer-focused - both internal and external, working in partnership with stakeholders to harness their expertise and understand the business and customer needs
- Computer literate with proficiency in using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint. Experience in using Power BI would be of benefit.
- Ability to take complex data and modify it into simplified and meaningful formats
- Experience as a procurement specialist/senior buyer is essential
- Be open and flexible to change, seeing it as an opportunity
- Full driving licence - the role does involve some business travel in both France and abroad
- Experience of the industry that Atalian operates in would be desirable, as would background of working in a global organisation
- Fluency in English language, spoken and written is essential
- MCIPS qualification desirable but not essential
A bit about us:
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you! Click apply and we will be in touch soon...
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation thats proud of its' great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. To find out more please visit our website.
Applying for EU Settlement scheme? Dont settle for anything less than working for Atalian Servest!
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunity employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Statutory Inspection Co-Ordinator to join our passionate and driven team in Glasgow on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Contract Support PPM to join our passionate and driven team in Glasgow on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager preferably from Leeds to join our passionate and driven team on a permanent basis!
Search for a career
Complete the form or view all vacancies.