We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Senior Minor Works Project Manager in Southern England / Docklands to join our passionate and driven Technical Services team on a permanent basis!
Night Duty Manager
Atalian Servest (LNER contract) is recruiting for an experienced Night Manager to support the operations team.
Purpose of Role
Atalian Servest is recruiting for an experienced Night Manager to work within our Transport sector. Reporting to the Head of Operations, this role will oversee the management of all aspects of the LNER fleet and station cleaning contract across the operation. You are responsible and accountable for the performance of the LNER contract at your Department, this includes ensuring Supervisors, the cleaning teams, and the services are performing effectively, and are in line with contractual obligations. You will offer support and guidance to Supervisors/Cleaners within your Department.
You will maintain and deliver the standard for safety, quality, time, and cost. Working closely with the Head of Operations, the Night Manager will monitor and be accountable for the goals to improve on service delivery and operational performance, developing shared goals with stakeholders and internal teams to grow the relationship.
Duties will include
- Strategy Delivery:
- In conjunction with Stakeholders and other Atalian Servest managers deliver the payroll and rosters for your Department taking into consideration short, medium, and long-term planning and overnight cleaning and any additional work.
- You have full accountability for the implementation and delivery of the LNER Night cleaning specifications and its services across the contract.
- You have responsibility and accountability for all financial overtime and stock control within your Department.
- Working collaboratively with all employees in your Department and across Atalian Servest where applicable, you will be a champion for change; implementing new policies and processes and be an advocate of new ways of working, influencing employees, to ensure buy-in.
- You have responsibility and accountability for leading the effective operational delivery and facilitation of all Services within your Department.
- You will hold periodic regional reviews with the Head of Operations and Regional Operations Manager.
- Liaise closely with the Supervisors and your employees to ensure common service delivery standards and collaborative working are met.
- Working closely with Regional Managers you will review and implement new initiatives, legislation, and other changes both internally and externally.
- Budgetary and Financial Control:
- Overall responsibility for the management of hours delivery for the LNER contract for your Department and oversight of the Supervisors; this includes all operating costs for the services and includes responsibility for the approval of expenditure from your allocated budgets as determined by the Contract Director.
- Authorise expenditure as agreed by the Head of Operations and Account Director.
- You will ensure that budgets and expenditure for your Department are robustly monitored through regular reviews stock spot checks. Making recommendations for and implementing control improvements, as necessary.
- You will provide regular reports (Daily Report / Equipment /Night Report / Cabin Trackers / Additional Work / Overtime / Stock / Training Records) regarding the Operation to the Regional Manager.
- You will be responsible for the Production and reporting of monthly detailed hours for your Department and the capture and reporting of additional costs incurred to be charged to LNER
- You will ensure adherence to governance requirements, systems, and process
- You will ensure and be accountable for cost-effectiveness and value for money to Atalian Servest and the LNER Client.
- Contract and Service Delivery:
- Work collaboratively with Atalian Servest supplier(s) and Contract Staff, be accountable for the confident delivery of excellent high performing services to LNER within your Department.
- Lead in the Supervision of the LNER contract, ensuring services meet the requirements of the contract, Atalian Servest, and LNER.
- Undertake regular reviews and reporting on the delivery of the LNER contract and the delivery of an effective Service within your Department.
- Proactively implement measures to address issues identified because of reviews and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Interface with the clients, service providers, and stakeholders, to ensure the expectations are being met and any additional services can be supported.
- Liaise with LNER and the Regional Manager on forthcoming projects, this will include major engineering and minor weekend works. You will ensure all rostering and shift changes are completed and communicated to both LNER and Atalian Servest.
- Lead, own and be responsible for the day to day operational management of the LNER contract at your Department.
- Attend meetings and conference calls relating to forthcoming engineering works.
- Lead, own and be responsible for Liaison with supervisors and teams in your Department to enable them to supply the required staffing, that ensures fulfilment of contract and service requirements.
- Location management of total Quality Management Systems and requirements.
The successful candidate
- Ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decisions made
- The ability to get your message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
- Experience in implementing, reviewing, and achieving the standard for safety, quality, time, and cost.
- Demonstrable experience of managing a budget and proven commercial acumen when dealing with all financial matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to operate and build credibility with key stakeholders.
- Experience of leading and inspiring a team that may be dispersed across a region.
- Excellent diplomacy skills combined with the confidence and resilience to handle potential conflict situations.
- Ability to resolve conflicting issues and priorities.
- Outstanding knowledge and a demonstrable track record of expertise in issues and advise on solutions.
- A willingness to travel to sites across the contract region at short notice.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Flexible working attitude to accommodate the contract requirements and changing business needs.
- Good IT skills including use of Word, Excel and Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Organisation skills for meeting deadlines and supporting others to do the same
- Relationship building, Customer Care, Self-development, Leadership, Decision-making techniques, Problem-solving, Initiative/lateral thinking, HSE experience, Interpersonal, Planning, and Organisational Skills, I.T. Skills.
- Experience of managing /motivating people
- Knowledge of Transport contracts especially Trains
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation.
- Recognised Health and Safety qualifications e.g. IOSH.
- Relevant professional qualifications appropriate to the level of role.
- Relevant Professional Membership such as MIWFM, MBICs MInstLM or MCMI
A bit about us:
If you love what you do and want to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you! Click apply and we will be in touch soon...
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that is proud of its' great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. To find out more please visit our website.
Applying for EU Settlement scheme? Do not settle for anything less than working for Atalian Servest!
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunity employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Area Manager in South East London to join our passionate and driven Corporate Public Sector team on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is recruiting for a Help Desk Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring that all operational planning requirements have been considered and operational teams have been informed of any proposed changes to the schedule.
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic Technical Contracts Manager covering various London Boroughs and surrounding areas to join our passionate and driven Technical Services team on a permanent basis!
Search for a career
Complete the form or view all vacancies.