Atalian Servest provides an Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) solution to The Student Loans Company, providing a range of hard and soft services throughout their estate. In December 2020, Atalian Servest supported the delivery of a controlled building power down at their Tier 1 Data Centre environment as part of the 5 yearly critical asset care maintenance solution.
We worked in close partnership with Student Loans Company and Harley Haddow, the appointed Consulting Engineers. This approach allowed for the successful and meticulously planned execution of the controlled exercise to shutdown, maintain, remediate and test critical electrical, mechanical and life safety infrastructure throughout the building over 72 hours.
- 50 hour electrical and mechanical shutdown
- Scenario testing conducted prior to shutdown to effectively mitigate risks
- Pre survey conducted, revision of critical spares undertaken and sourced
- 215 electrical circuits tested
- UPS & Generator serviced and reintroduced in conjunction with other services
- Remedial activities completed in tandem with Fixed Wire Testing to minimize future system downtime
- Stakeholder Engagement Plan introduced to communicate activity and project milestones
- Enhanced deep clean of Data Centre environment undertaken successfully
- Site specific SOP’s & EOP’s reviewed and updated following post works review
- 100% uptime maintained due to safe, controlled and coordinated execution of the powerdown
“The controlled shutdown of our Data Centre for the five year fixed wire test was extremely well organised, there had been a number of planning meetings and dry runs in the run up to the actual shutdown with all primary and contingency resources identified and on site adhering to the clients strict Covid secure site procedures, in advance of the shutdown to ensure a seamless restart.”
-Mark Cassidy, Head of Estates and Business Continuity, Student Loans Company