Atalian Servest are proud to offer sustainable FM solutions to our clients. One million plastic bags are used every minute around the world, and each one of these takes between 100-500 years to disintegrate. Instead of leaving behind a plastic legacy, it is time to act on plastic waste starting with our consumer habits and starting now.
Last month, Morrisons became the first supermarket to ban plastic fruit packaging. Moving forwards, customers will have a choice of buying fruit loose or using recyclable paper bags. This seemingly small change is predicted to reduce Morrisons plastic waste by three tonnes every week.
Building on the success of Morrisons and other major retailers, Atalian Servest is proud to support International Plastic Bag Free Day. A day dedicated to heightening awareness about the unnecessary use of single use plastics. A day where everyone can get involved and do their part to rid the world of plastic waste.
Versatile, durable and inexpensive, it is easy to see why plastics have become such a prominent part of our everyday lives. Living a completely plastic-free life is not always possible. What is, however, is making small and simple changes to become a consumer that is more conscientious and plastics savvy.
Atalian Servest’s tips for reducing your plastics consumption
- Take your own bag for life shopping bag to the shops. Try keeping one in your bag or car to avoid forgetting it
- Carry a reusable coffee cup or flask. Many foods and coffee chains offer customers a discount for bringing in their own cup
- Carry a reusable water bottle
- Say no to plastic cutlery; there are plenty of re-useable pocket cutlery sets
- Ditch the straws, save the turtles
- Use an alternative to cling film such as beeswax wraps
- Swap your chewing gum brand for a plastic-free version like Glee or Chewsy
- All that glitters is not gold. It’s plastic. Give up the glitter or switch to an eco-friendly alternative